From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SPP
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:07:19
1 On 3/8/2005 11:08:10, netpython (phaceton@×××××.com) wrote:
2
3 > I have just installed gentoo-amd64 with hardened-sources and both
4 > Grsecurity and Pax features enabled to a point that xorg still is
5 > functional.In some gentoo doc's i read there's the CFLAG
6 > -fstack-protector-all.
7
8 There is, but you don't want to add it to CFLAGS in /etc/make.conf. You need to use the hardened gcc, which will avoid enabling the stack protector in situations where it should be off.
9
10 > Since i now get -fnostack-protector-all when i
11 > compile packages
12
13 I don't understand why you're seeing '-fno-stack-protector-all' while compiling.
14 Can you provide an example (i.e. name of package being emerged, some relevant lines from the compilation output), and include also the output of 'emerge info'?
15
16 > i decided to maunally add the fstack-protector-all
17 > flag to /etc/make.conf.But the fnostack-protector-all flag comes right
18 > after.Which setting is now valid?
19
20 The current supported way to use the stack protector is to build stuff with hardened gcc (USE="hardened" emerge gcc).
26 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list