From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] locked out of selinux
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 21:45:58
1 max wrote:
2 > Matt Harrison wrote:
3 >> Matt Harrison wrote:
4 >>> I previously installed a virtual machine with selinux etc to see if I
5 >>> could get my head round it and it all worked fine.
6 >>
7 >> Actually this isn't true, when enabling enforce on my test machine it
8 >> locks me out of everything as well.
9 >>
10 >> This is a complete mystery to me and quite disappointing.
11 >>
12 > set selinux to permissive and check the logs when the box comes up
15 Thanks for the reply,
16
17 Ok, firstly if I boot up in enforcing mode it halts saying something
18 like access to /sbin/init was denied.
19
20 If I boot up permissive I get tonnes of denied messages in dmesg.
21 There's far too many to list so I've attached a trimmed dmesg output,
22 starting from the first related message.
23
24 From my untrained eye looking over these messages it seems that a lot of
25 core system stuff is being denied access, why I have no clue, everything
26 should be labelled and setup according to the gentoo selinux howto.
27
28 Grateful for any input.
29
30 Thanks