From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened laptop: am I nuts?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 01:13:18
1 > > > Is anyone else using a hardened desktop system with a hardened profile?
2 > >
3 > > Yes. Lots of us do..
4 >
5 > Fuel the paranoia! Plenty of good reasons to run a hardened profile
6 > on your desktop :) Have you gone down the route of using
7 > hardened-sources, or are you using RSBAC? Maybe you went for SELinux?
8 > More info required...
9
10 I'm indeed using hardened-sources.
11
12 > > > Am I nuts?
13 > >
14 > > I'm not qualified to answer this question.
15 >
16 > I'm an amateur psychologist, so answer for me;
17 >
18 > * Do you dream about men in white lab coats?
19 > * Are aliens conspiring to h4xx0r your desktop?
20 > * Is the NSA really watching you? Right now?
21 > * Does Paris Hilton really have genius-level intellect?
22 > * Is your first name Grant?
23 >
24 > If your answer to two (or more) of the above is 'YES' then you may
25 > need help. Dial 1-800-COMMITME right away!
26
27 You sarcasm is so thick I can't get at the substance. Care to water
28 it down? Something like "a hardened laptop is a good idea" or
29 alternatively "a hardened laptop is a bad idea" or even "a hardened
30 laptop is OK".
31
32 - Grant
33 --