From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] systemd transition stalled
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 07:29:24
1 On Dec 17, 2013 12:56 AM, Tóth Attila <atoth@××××××××××.hu> wrote:
2 >
3 > It turns out systemd is not compatible with CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC. It has
4 > been reported as freedesktop bug #65575. Of course if there would be a
5 > specific group under which systemd performs its proc related activities,
6 > that could be configured as the exception GID, but I can hardly imagine
7 > that it is the case.
8
9 I thought one of the principles of systemd is that it keeps running
10 (daemonized) and you communicate with it over sockets. Are you sure systemd
11 doesn't run with a fixed GID? Probably even the root GID.
12
13 Wkr,
14 Sven