From: Marcel Meyer <meyerm@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Which laptop compatible with hardened-workstation ?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:43:54
1 Hi list, hello Dale,
2
3 Am Dienstag, 17. Februar 2009 schrieb Dale Pontius:
4 > Just a side comment on this... I have scripts that figure out where the
5 > heck I am when networking comes up, and based on that decide what, if
6 > any, service(s) to bring up. When the current network is on "other", NO
7 > services are started at all - even X is started with "-tcp nolisten" so
8 > there are no open ports. Scratch that - dnsmasq is listening on
9 > loopback, but that's it.
10 >
11 > Maybe it's not all that's necessary, but it's a good first line of
12 > defense.
13
14 these little helpers are surely the ones which distinguish a nicely secured
15 system from a good secured one (given all other loopholes are treaten like
16 that). So are there perhaps plans in collecting some of them (or even just
17 settings etc.) is a hardened-settings / hardened-tools / etc. package?
18 Wouldn't that be a nice addition to the overall hardened-offer from gentoo?
21 Marcel