From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Required Priorities (Security) = slow server
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 06:02:33
1 >> That is exactly what hardened sources package maintainers do.
2 >> There's always a tiny time difference between the latest grsecurity patch
3 >> showing up on the homepage and the respective kernel ebuild appears.
6 > I try to get most of upstream's releases into portage so we can test them as
7 > ~arch and give upstream feedback. After a while, I see what issues came up
8 > in the last "batch" of kernels. I then pick the one that is least
9 > problematic.
10 >
11 > Typical upstream cycle goes: 1) introduced new feature, 2) bad breakage, 2)
12 > still breakage, 3) not so bad, 4) fixed. I try catch it at #4 before they
13 > start the cycle all over again.
14 >
15 > Hope this helps to explain my release policy.
16
17 Thank you for explaining, and a thank you for dedicating so much time to Gentoo.
18
19 - Grant