From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] State of Hardened + AMD64?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:08:11
1 On 21/02/2008, Calum <caluml@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > Apologies if this is widely known.
7 > What is the state of Hardened on AMD64?
8 > I have used, and do use it on x86, but I tried to migrate a
9 > non-hardened AMD64 box to hardened, and have had strange results.
10 > (configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables, Failed Patch:
11 > 04_all_gcc34-java-nomulti.patch !, libsandbox: Can't resolve open:
12 > (null), etc etc)
13
14 Did you attempt to migrate from the "default/amd64/2007.0" profile to
15 the "hardened/amd64 profile"? If so, then you are trying from a
16 multilib-enabled profile to one that is not and that presents all
17 sorts of problems.
18
19 Regardless of whether that was the case or not, I wouldn't personally
20 recommend migrating systems in this manner in-situ as it is a complex
21 procedure at the best of times. I'd suggest to use a recent stage
22 tarball (see the topic in the #gentoo-hardened channel), roll a new
23 chroot and use that as a basis for preparing your new base system.
24
25 Regards,
26
27 --Kerin