From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] The status of grsecurity upstream and hardened-sources downstream
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 14:37:33
1 On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 5:34 AM, Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:28:27PM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
5 >> My plan then is as follows. I'll wait one more month and then send out
6 >> a news item and later mask hardened-sources for removal.
7 >
8 > Well, it's about a month now. I didn't replied earlier because others
9 > already mentioned all good ideas and I was hoping these ideas will be
10 > accepted… :(
11 >
12 > But, just in case, I'm +1 for both ideas to keep 4.9 LTS support as long
13 > as possible (and mark one of hardened-sources-4.9.x as stable) to give us
14 > a couple of years [...]
17 I agree, there are this solution seems popular among people using
18 other distributions who want to continue to use grsecurity.