From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] teamspeak2-server-bin segfaulting
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:11:50
1 On 10 Jan 2007 at 8:46, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2
3 > > mmap2(NULL, 65535, PROT_NONE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, 0,
4 > > 0) = 0
5 >
6 > This call was successful - the returned '0' is the address that was
7 > asked for. If it had failed, it would have returned MAP_FAILED (-1).
8 >
9 > Unfortunately, because teamspeak2-server is a binary-only package, we
10 > can't debug it; you're at the mercy of the authors.
11
12 obviously we could still debug without source code, it's just a bit
13 more effort but unfortunately the result is unusable since fixing a
14 bug is best done in the source ;).
17 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list