From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] teamspeak2-server-bin segfaulting
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:47:20
1 On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:17:38 +1030
2 Shawn Haggett <podge@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I've recently tried to install teamspeak2-server-bin onto my hardened
5 > gentoo server. However everytime I attempt to start it, the process
6 > dies with a segfault.
7 >
8 >...
9
10 > The trace file is attached. It's rather short. My guess is that the
11 > mmap2 call on the second to last line, which returns 0, is to blame.
12 > However if anyone can shed some light on why this is happening and how
13 > to work around it, that would be great.
14
15 > mmap2(NULL, 65535, PROT_NONE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, 0,
16 > 0) = 0
17
18 This call was successful - the returned '0' is the address that was
19 asked for. If it had failed, it would have returned MAP_FAILED (-1).
20
21 Unfortunately, because teamspeak2-server is a binary-only package, we
22 can't debug it; you're at the mercy of the authors.
25 Kevin F. Quinn