From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Bought an "entropy-key" - very happy
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:35:28
1 On 25/03/2010 20:11, Rob Kendrick wrote:
2 > ...
3 > It's a pretty standard trick. What's special is that it uses two, and
4 > mixes the contents together, and so it can detect when one fails. Oh,
5 > and its price. (Other, much less sophisticated devices, cost as much
6 > as ten times more and are toys in terms of their security against
7 > attack.)
10 It seems that you get quite a lot of tech here for the price? Seems
11 pretty decent that you can pickup an ARM processor, temp sensor and all
12 the other bits for around £30.. I presume they are shifting quite a few
13 since that seems like quite a mass market price?
14
15 I noticed a munin script in the ekeyd download - haven't tried it, but
16 the quantity of variables you can monitor from the device seemed quite
17 impressive. Who would have thought you would have wanted to graph the
18 temperature of your random number generator, but for those who do, you
19 are in luck...
20
21 Ed W