From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] flash player plugin
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:28:16
1 On 29 Nov 2007 at 22:38, Alex Efros wrote:
2
3 > 2) some applets (internal flash applications developed in our company)
4 > don't work at all in Opera and immediately crash firefox (these applets
5 > works fine in Windows and non-hardened linux)
6 >
7 > I found PaX messages in logs related to this issue, and tried to:
8
9 instead of disabling PaX, more helpful would be to get down to the
10 bottom of these problems. so for a start, i'd need this info:
11
12 1. your exact kernel version + .config
13
14 2. all PaX logs (if grsec removed address info, disable randomization
15 and reproduce them that way)
16
17 3. reliable way to reproduce the PaX kills (if that's what you saw),
18 preferably some public URL but you can send me a small webpage+swf
19 if that's easier
20
21 > chpax -s /opt/firefox/firefox-bin
22
23 as a sidenote, any reason you're still using chpax?
24
25 > chpax -s /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operapluginwrapper
26
27 is that wrapper a standalone executable? because if it isn't, then
28 chpax/paxctl/whatever doesn't change anything.
31 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list