From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-sources shrinks Processor Family list
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:02:45
1 Patch needs a minor modification for a single hunk in order to get it
2 applied on 3.6.7-hardened to 3.7.0-hardened. MCORE2 has also specified for
3 X86_ALIGNMENT_16 and X86_P6_NOP, but the patch would not introduce COREI7*
4 for those options. Also there are two instances of CORE2 in
5 security/Kconfig. I've applied a modified patch on hardened sources 3.7.0
6 and compiled it on two machines using corei7 (E5620) and corei7-avx
7 (2630QM). Both kernels are seem to do fine, I notice nothing unusual.
8
9 However I have to also add, that on the png images mentioned in the git
10 entry showing the result of the ANOVA analysis I notice only P values over
11 0.05, not below. So for me it seems all these optimizations are
12 non-significant. Despite of the clear tendency, even for core2 compared to
13 generic_x86. Also I don't see the comparison between core2 and corei7*.
14 Which would be the most important. Since most users would start changing
15 from core2 to corei7* and not from generic_x86. Although it's highly
16 possible, that I'm reading the results wrong. So please confirm.
17
18 Merry Christmas:
19 Dwokfur
20 --
21 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
22 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057
23
24 2012.December 21.(P) 23:42 időpontban Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera