From: Jason K Larson <gentoo-hardened@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened+selinux failing to emerge grub and/or bin86
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:16:29
1 Ditto.. woohoo, life is good again.
2
3 Chris PeBenito wrote:
4 > This is a sandbox problem. The sandbox in the stable portage breaks
5 > some coreutils programs now that libselinux is compiled with 64bit
6 > offsets. On a non-PaX system, this would simply segfault. The
7 > packages you want are:
8 >
9 >> =sys-apps/portage-2.0.51.21 =sys-apps/sandbox-1.2.2
10
11 I noticed this too.. that once I was booting my new kernel (with pax)
12 that my emerges stop segfaulting and started showing as 'killed'.
13
14 I'm emerging again and things look good. Thanks much for the info.
15
16 I didnt want to run ~x86 masked portage or sandbox so all I've done is
17 add FEATURES="-sandbox". Then emerge libselinux-1.22-r1 by doing
18 `emerge -vuD world` after I sync'd.
21 Jason K Larson
24 Julian Rendell wrote:
25 > Thanks Chris- you've just reduced my frustration levels back to
26 > healthy levels ;-) (I've spent a few hours today trying to figure
27 > out where things were going wrong; got as far as the first mergeme in
28 > portage.py, to a mystery seg fault- didn't quite figure out the root
29 > cause though.)
30 >
31 > I'm using the stage3 tarballs.
32 >
33 > I added FEATURES="-sandbox" to /etc/make.conf, and was able to emerge
34 > portage, sandbox, and libselinux.
35 >
36 > I then re-enabled the sandbox, and have just been able to emerge
37 > 'less' (figured it'd be relatively small/fast)- and it worked.
38 >
39 > Any chance a note could be added in to the SELinux handbook, at least
40 > until the boot CD is re-generated?
41 >
42 > Thanks again,
43 >