From: Julian Rendell <wandering.womble@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened+selinux failing to emerge grub and/or bin86
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 07:44:30
1 Thanks Chris- you've just reduced my frustration levels back to
2 healthy levels ;-) (I've spent a few hours today trying to figure out
3 where things were going wrong; got as far as the first mergeme in
4 portage.py, to a mystery seg fault- didn't quite figure out the root
5 cause though.)
6
7 I'm using the stage3 tarballs.
8
9 I added FEATURES="-sandbox" to /etc/make.conf, and was able to emerge
10 portage, sandbox, and libselinux.
11
12 I then re-enabled the sandbox, and have just been able to emerge
13 'less' (figured it'd be relatively small/fast)- and it worked.
14
15 Any chance a note could be added in to the SELinux handbook, at least
16 until the boot CD is re-generated?
17
18 Thanks again,
19