From: "Marek Wróbel" <smbmarek@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Status new selinux reference policy
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:36:37
1 Chris PeBenito wrote:
2 > Glibc 2.4 and gcc 4.1 being masked is because the
3 > hardened compiler is not available in gcc yet.
4
5 Do you know what is current status of hardened GCC 4.* ?
6 Is there any hope that it will be available in next few months ?
7
8 I have tried to search GCC site, but I haven't found anything
9 interesting. There is no real development roadmap and it is very hard to
10 find anything about SSP.
11
12 On the other hand, Wikipedia
13 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack-smashing_protection) and official
14 ProPolice site (http://www.research.ibm.com/trl/projects/security/ssp/)
15 say that GCC 4.1 contains reimplementation of SSP.
16
17 So after hour of reading I am really confused and I would be very
18 grateful if you could write something about it.
19
20 Regards,
21 Marek Wróbel
22 --