From: Maxim Kammerer <mk@×××.su>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] PaX kills Tor due to overflow
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 00:02:41
1 On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Anthony G. Basile
2 <basile@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 > That sounds about right. I'm not hitting this with tor-ramdisk, a tiny
4 > ramdisk image for running tor relays, built with latest tor + busybox +
5 > hardened kernel. I have PAX_SIZE_OVERFLOW off. I didn't even try turning
6 > it on since its still very experimental.
7
8 Perhaps the Kconfig description should be more explicit about the
9 status of this feature (looking at one in 3.4.7 sources now)? When
10 upgrading to 3.4 hardened-source series, I suspected that this feature
11 was rather experimental, but couldn't confirm it even after some
12 thorough searching, so I figured out (maybe wrongly) that it was a
13 mature work that grsecurity / PaX finally decided to include in their
14 patches.
17 Maxim Kammerer
18 Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte