From: Ed Wildgoose <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: Aaron Walker <ka0ttic@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] use of 'LDFLAGS=-pie' deprecated?
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 12:31:20
1 Aaron Walker wrote:
2
3 >I noticed that after upgrading to gcc-3.3.3-r3, while emerging things, I
4 >get lots of "-pie: unrecognized option" messages.
5 >
6 >Has the use of -pie in LDFLAGS been deprecated? If so, in favor of
7 >what?
11 I believe that with gcc3.3.3-r2 onwards you just need the USE="hardened"
12 flag to get the old behaviour... I asked a similar question a few days
13 back if you want to check the archives.
14
15 Perhaps someone who knows what they are talking about could positively
16 confirm this though!
17
18 Ed W
21 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list