From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Interesting error
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:02:53
1 On 12/11/2012 10:28 AM, Stan Sander wrote:
2 > I was having some permissions issues with my stable x86 box following
3 > some updates late last week. For starters I pulled in r8 from the ~x86
4 > tree but that didn't resolve the issues, so I just left SELinux running
5 > permissive and finally had a couple hours today to look more closely at
6 > what was going on. Tried running a sesearch command and this is what I
7 > got back.
8 >
9 > ERROR: policydb version 27 does not match my version range 15-26
10 > ERROR: Unable to open policy /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.27.
11 >
12 > So does r8 need a newer kernel or a newer setools package or what might
13 > be happening here?
14 >
15 > I have kernel 3.5.4-hardened-r1 and setools-3.3.7-r3 from the stable tree.
16 >
17 do you have CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_POLICYDB_VERSION_MAX set in the
18 kernel to anything?
21 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)