From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Mono build failure
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:41:55
1 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2
3 > You don't need to disable the GRSEC stuff to run mono -- only to build
4 > it. Once it's build and in place in the right spot, you can disable
5 > the memory protection bits just for the `mono` binary. You can either
6 > put GRSEC into learning mode and build a profile that way, or just
7 > manually toggle the bits yourself. If I recall, you need to turn off
8 > NOEXEC or PAGEEXEC, whichever you're using, as well as SEGMEXEC for
9 > the mono binary.
10
11 Thank you Mike. I have yet to learn a whole bunch of "hardened" system
12 stuff, as yet I have not turned it on.
13 I have tried building mono under various configurations, stay tuned..
14 I'll email it shortly once tests are complete.
15
16 cheers
17 --
18 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list