From: Will Keaney <keaneyw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] PAX: General protection fault, where logged?
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 18:00:21
1 Brian A. Davis wrote:
2 > I'm getting a PAX General protection fault, which outputs a stack
3 > trace to the console (monitor), but there's no way for me to get it
4 > since the machine is crashed at this point.
5 >
6 > Where would this be getting logged? grep PAX * in /var/log doesn't
7 > turn up anything.
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 > Brian
11 There are a couple of ways to get the trace from this. One is to attach
12 a serial console to the machine in question and log the crash from
13 another computer (see /usr/src/linux/Documentation/serial-console.txt).
14 Another is to configure netconsole, which will allow you to capture
15 kernel messages from another machine over ethernet. See
16 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt for instructions
17 on this.
18 If you have a digital camera, you can take a picture of the stack trace.
19 Finally, you can transcribe it by hand. This is veeeery tedious.
20
21 Hope this helps.
22
23 Will