From: basile <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: tinhat@××××××××××××××.edu, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Tin Hat 20090519 is out!
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:17:47
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I'd like to announce that a new release of Tin Hat is out. Tin Hat is a
4 fully featured Linux desktop based on Hardened Gentoo which runs purely
5 in RAM. It aims to be very secure, stable, and fast.
6
7 This release concentrates primarily on updating the hardened tool chain,
8 and no changes were made to the kernel since the last release. The
9 system was completely recompiled using hardened Gentoo's stock gcc-4.3.3
10 plus stack-protection added via the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in make.conf.
11 Extensive testing of the most used services and apps gave no issues with
12 the exception of Evolution which required lazy linking.
13
14 As with every release, we sync-ed upstream with Gentoo. Major package
15 updates include coreutils, util-linux, and xorg-server and its
16 drivers/libs. Firefox was also update to the more secure 3.0.10.
17
18 Home page: http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat
19 Downloads: http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat-downloads
23 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.