From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: GPL stuff with binary modules - FSF ruling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:40:15
1 On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:26:58 +0300
2 Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I think users should decide which level of security they need. Choice
5 > between 'don't use hardened' or 'don't use nvidia drivers' sounds very
6 > undesirable.
7
8 Indeed, however I think we should be providing a hardened profile that
9 as far as is reasonable filters out stuff that involves a compromise
10 where the user can make a choice.
11
13 > But, as far as I understand, it isn't "that drastic" because user can
14 > just unmask nvidia drivers and continue using both hardened and
15 > nvidia drivers..?
16
17 Yes; the mask is deliberately in the profile package.mask so that you
18 can do this.
21 Kevin F. Quinn