From: "Buttchereit
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] ChangeLog entries (or lack thereof)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:40:38

good to know that someone keeps an eye on this. :-)
I've added myself (my email-address) to the "gentoo-installer"-list
some days ago and was wondering, if there are any activities
on this project.

I already found (and read some of the) documentation
that was realeased on this project, but -- to be honest --
not very much (current) information seems to be available.

Although I have a rough idea of where it is heading to,
I would be very happy to get more technical details.
Maybe I can add some value...

I've been working in the fields of Desktop and Software-Management
on Win32-platforms for about 8 years, with focus on enterprise
environments, i. e. thousands of clients.
Always tracking the progress in the fields of Open-Source-Software
and especially Linux, I decided mid of this year, that time has come
to go back to the/my roots, i. e. Linux.

Since then I'm spending quite a lot of my (spare) time to become
familiar (again) with current Linux/OpenSource Technology.
I think it was predictable that I bumped into gentoo-linux,
because "portage" (compile from source) seems to be the "natural way"
of integrating Open-Source-Software into an (automated) client setup
and later then into a Change-Management-Process for enterprise clients...

At the moment I am working on making PXE and a Mini-Kernel (genkernel, busybox, ...)
available on a fli4l-Router ( to implement an OS bootstrap that
allows Win32 and Linux to be installed automatically.

In the later case I would like to "pass the baton" as early as possible...

So it's quite clear that I'm very interested in all "gentoo-installer" activities.

Donnie Berkholz wrote:
| On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 15:08 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
|>I just glanced at the ChangeLog, and there haven't been any entries in
|>it since February.
| After reading it more thoroughly, I see that the top entry (some
| alpha-type release) is February, and we've actually had one ChangeLog
| entry (yay codeman!) between June and now.
Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -