From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Using GLI
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 03:33:56
Luis Flores soberon wrote:
> > Ok... Thank you for you answres... > >>> Are you using the &quot;official&quot; experimental LiveCD? > > No... I am using the normal CD.. I'll change.. > >>> Exactly what are you trying to do? > > What I am trying to do is a live-cd that automatically installs > everything without asking anything. To do tests (currently), i am > working in a virtual machine.. I am using vmware. > So.. I boot up, then i connect to my machine (cause i haven't done a > Live-CD yet, i'm working on that) and copy the src of the GLI (using > scp) to the virtual machine so i can see hopw it actually works. > I was getting that error.. but both of you have answered me.. I have to > use the experimental Live-Cd... > Now.. it comes a new question... > Using your experimental Live CD, how can i do so that the fisrt thing > executed after the cd boots is a script (done by me), which will ask the > user to confirm the installation process???. If the user says "yes" then > i start executing installer-cli (e.g.)
First of all, please switch to a mail that doesn't completely suck ass (or was it just me that the previous message was messed up for?). Second, you can't make the official livecd do what you want. What you can do is use catalyst to build a similar livecd with some customizations. No, we will not teach you. I recommend 'USE="doc examples" emerge catalyst'. -- Andrew Gaffney Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-installer] Using GLI Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>