From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Using GLI
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 03:33:56
1 Luis Flores soberon wrote:
2 >
3 > Ok... Thank you for you answres...
4 >
5 >>> Are you using the &quot;official&quot; experimental LiveCD?
6 >
7 > No... I am using the normal CD.. I'll change..
8 >
9 >>> Exactly what are you trying to do?
10 >
11 > What I am trying to do is a live-cd that automatically installs
12 > everything without asking anything. To do tests (currently), i am
13 > working in a virtual machine.. I am using vmware.
14 > So.. I boot up, then i connect to my machine (cause i haven't done a
15 > Live-CD yet, i'm working on that) and copy the src of the GLI (using
16 > scp) to the virtual machine so i can see hopw it actually works.
17 > I was getting that error.. but both of you have answered me.. I have to
18 > use the experimental Live-Cd...
19 > Now.. it comes a new question...
20 > Using your experimental Live CD, how can i do so that the fisrt thing
21 > executed after the cd boots is a script (done by me), which will ask the
22 > user to confirm the installation process???. If the user says "yes" then
23 > i start executing installer-cli (e.g.)
24
25 First of all, please switch to a mail that doesn't completely suck ass (or was
26 it just me that the previous message was messed up for?).
27
28 Second, you can't make the official livecd do what you want. What you can do is
29 use catalyst to build a similar livecd with some customizations. No, we will not
30 teach you. I recommend 'USE="doc examples" emerge catalyst'.
33 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
34 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
35 --
36 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list