From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Re: Succesful installation
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:06:44
Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
> First of all thanks for the feedback everyone. > > I guess you are all right to suspect a hardware problem but i am using > extensively tested equipment (or at least i been told so). Anyway, > yesterday i succeded, the only change i made was choosing the liveCD > kernel instead of the gentoo sources, and so far, everything is > working, does it makes sense to you?
That would take a little bit of stress off the disks since it doesn't have to compile a kernel, but I'm still going to blame your hardware. The installer doesn't do anything that would make your filesystems suddenly turn read-only. Also, random failures (not reproducible) are almost always hardware related. I've done probably 80+ installs with various versions of the installer using the same LiveCD on a few different boxes, and I have never had the problems you are describing. -- Andrew Gaffney Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
[gentoo-installer] Re: Succesful installation Rafael Barrera Oro <borafael@×××××.com>