From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Some suggestings....
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 01:37:28
Bryan Quigley wrote:
> > > On 1/2/06, *Andrew Gaffney* <agaffney@g.o > <mailto:agaffney@g.o>> wrote: > > Bryan Quigley wrote: > > On the Partitioning screen, have a before and after. Especially > helpful > > when the user is loading a previously created profile. (No "after" > > until changes have been made, aka it appears once there have been > changes) > > Huh? > > > The After screen will indicate what setup is going to do, the before > screen indicates what was there before. It gives users a better > indication on what will be done. If they load a previously created > setup file, it is not obvious if the creator of the setup file included > partitioning information or if they have to set it up themselves.
I personally will not code it, and I'm the guy that does the partitioning stuff. Patches are welcome ;)
> > On the make.conf screen is there away to negate something, aka -kde? > > Unchecking it effectively negates it. > > > Replace negate with some word that has a stronger negative connotation. > > > > Also a load make.conf button might be helpful at least for people who > > already have a make.conf file. > > And where would this make.conf file be if they're booted from a > livecd and don't > have anything mounted by default? > > > I'm assuming at least a little linux knowledge, didn't know the > installer was designed for noobs. :) /sarcasm > Could get it through one of the many communication applications included > (ex. Firefox). How would you expect them to get the install profile there?
People who are using other people's install profiles should know what they're doing enough to copy settings from an existing make.conf by hand. While it wouldn't take much to code it, it'll be a rarely used feature. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list