From: "Jean-Noël Rivasseau" <elvanor@g.o>
To: gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-java] Slotting jsch?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:38:59
1 Hello,
2
3 I unfortunately discovered today that Eclipse-3.3 won't build against
4 jsch-0.1.36, although I assumed it would. It builds against 0.1.34.
5
6 Shall I then slot 0.1.34 and 0.1.36? Seems stupid to slot between such minor
7 version revisions, but since upstream breaks API...
8 Else I can restrict Eclipse dependency on jsch to 0.1.34 but this will
9 prevent people to install 0.1.36 - not good.
10
11 Jean-Noël
12
13 PS: the reason it does not compile anymore is that on 0.1.36 one function
14 can throw an exception whereas it did not before, and Eclipse code does not
15 expect an exception. I could patch Eclipse but I don't really want to go
16 that way, because:
17 1) I really wouldn't know how to patch exactly and prefer to leave these
18 stuff to upstream;
19 2) It may very well be that a lot of the API has changed.
20
21 PS2: sorry for the repost if some people receive this twice, as I first sent
22 using a non-gentoo adress, and I am not sure it went through.