From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Maven from source - version 2.x or 3.x ?
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:08:31
On 05/23/2011 07:52 PM, Kasun Gajasinghe wrote:

> [...]
So are you discussing which version of Maven to build from source or which version to target ebuild infrastructure for? Those two don't necessarily need to be the same and your topic implied the former but the above talks about the latter. The ebuild infrastructure for Maven based projects should work just the same regardless of whether the maven package itself is built from source or not. Our target is of course to get rid of all binary packages but I consider this thread about asking about priorities. For ebuild infrastructure targeting 2.x is fine if the large majority of projects that will start using the work are using 2.x. Otherwise I think my earlier logic still applies. Regards, Petteri

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-java] Maven from source - version 2.x or 3.x ? Kasun Gajasinghe <kasunbg@×××××.com>