From: Julie Bovee Hill <joulie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Help on bugs, etc.?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 01:47:30

I saw your request for manpower on the Gentoo wiki and I'd like to
help out. I'm a professional Java developer based in San Jose,
California, USA, and I've been a Gentoo user since last November when
I gave it a try after reading some enthusiastic recommendations on a email list. I've been a big fan of Gentoo ever since.

I think I've scoped out a bug that looks like a good candidate for my
first very simple poke at an ebuild:
Does anyone have any objections to my working on that?

At the moment, I think I've managed to find most of the information I
need to get started in the fabulous Gentoo documentation, but any
suggestions are welcome.