From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Julie Bovee Hill <joulie@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Help on bugs, etc.?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:11:31

Julie Bovee Hill wrote:
> Hi, > > I saw your request for manpower on the Gentoo wiki and I'd like to > help out. I'm a professional Java developer based in San Jose, > California, USA, and I've been a Gentoo user since last November when > I gave it a try after reading some enthusiastic recommendations on a > email list. I've been a big fan of Gentoo ever since.
Yes we always need more man power. Do you happen to be a j2ee developer? It would be great to have someone who actively uses things like Tomcat maintaining/helping in maintaining them.
> > I think I've scoped out a bug that looks like a good candidate for my > first very simple poke at an ebuild: > > Does anyone have any objections to my working on that?
You can work on everything you like of course. Of course if you don't want to waste your efforts on something that someone else is already working on, I recommend joining #gentoo-java on Freenode. That is where you can find most of the people active in the Java development of Gentoo.
> > At the moment, I think I've managed to find most of the information I > need to get started in the fabulous Gentoo documentation, but any > suggestions are welcome.
Feel free to ask anything in #gentoo-java. And as a first tip towards becoming better in fixing, I will recommend to attach to patches against current ebuilds in the tree because that way developers can easily spot your changes and give the apropriate feedback.
> > Thanks, > Julie >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-java] Help on bugs, etc.? Julie Bovee Hill <joulie@×××××.com>