From: David Emmett <daisy@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] sun-jdk on AMD64
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:08:18
Hello all,

I have a shiny new AMD64 box, and wanted to emerge sun-jdk-, but
received the following message:

Calculating dependencies
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=dev-java/sun-jdk-" have been
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- dev-java/sun-jdk- (masked by: missing keyword)

Now according to the Gentoo Handbook, this means that the sun-jdk has not been
tested (sufficiently) on the amd64 architecture.

Can I unmask this package, install it, and then report any bugs I find using
it on this architecture, or is there any overwhelming reason why this won't

Thanks for your advice,

David Emmett
gentoo-java@g.o mailing list

Subject Author