From: David Herron <David.Herron@×××.COM>
To: Daniel Piccoli <piccoli.dan@×××××.com>
Cc: Alistair Bush <alistair.bush@×××××.com>, gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Application server for JEE
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:41:43
1 Hi Daniel,
2
3 For me this raises a possibility we've been concerned with regarding
4 the DLJ release that y'all are using on Gentoo. Namely at Sun we are
5 not testing on Gentoo, we test on Redhat or Suse etc (there's a list
6 somewhere). Because we, at Sun, don't test on Gentoo some on the
7 team were (and are) worried that some niggling incompatibility at the
8 Linux level might cause a behavior difference in Java.
9
10 Obviously Java creates platform independence by abstracting the
11 operating system, making for a dependency between Java and the OS.
12
13 Not that I know that's the case here. I just wanted to throw this
14 out as a possibility.
15
16 e.g. have you made sure you're using the same versions of the JDK, of
17 Netbeans, and of Glassfish, and that you're seeing different behavior
18 and the only difference is that it's Gentoo in one case and Windows
19 in another? And what happens if you run this combination on one of
20 the Linux's that are on Sun's supported platform list?
24 - David Herron