From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: Matthew Smith <maaattss@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Emerging Tomcat without Eclipse
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 18:02:48
1 On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:43:13 +0000
2 Matthew Smith <maaattss@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I am trying to install the Tomcat server (specifically
5 > www-servers/tomcat-8.0.30:8::gentoo).
6 > However, it depends on eclipse-ecj -- I am unsure of the reasoning
7 > behind this, but it is quite annoying because emerging this would
8 > bring in X and many other unwated packages.
9
10 eclipse-ecj is not the whole of Eclipse but just the Java compiler it
11 uses internally. It has long been a requirement of Tomcat. It is very
12 small and carries no dependencies that you wouldn't already get from
13 Tomcat itself.
16 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
17 Gentoo Linux Developer