From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-kbase@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kbase] Next step
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:40:10
1 I hope that the idea I have for the kbase is understood and that the few
2 questions that were brought up (for which I thank you) are clearly answered.
3
4 The next step I am to make is to write a requirements document (which lists
5 what the kbase should do/feature). The idea here is to make sure that the
6 end result does what we want it to do. I would prefer not to release
7 anything less than what we require, although we can describe certain steps
8 in the release (haven't thought of that yet).
9
10 Together with the requirements document I will also make example topics to
11 help others identify what is and isn't meant to go in the kbase. I've come
12 to this because I had someone propose to use his documentation project for
13 the kbase. However, the kbase is meant as an official Gentoo resource (which
14 requires that the project is dealt with by Gentoo completely, including
15 infrastructure) and not as a technology to quickly provide HOWTOs to the
16 user community.
17
18 As I'm going to use much of my free time to work in my house I can't say
19 when this will be ready though, so don't shoot me if you haven't heard from
20 me in a few days.
21
22 Wkr,
23 Sven Vermeulen