From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-kbase@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kbase] Next step
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:43:19
1 On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 09:14:29PM +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > The next step I am to make is to write a requirements document (which lists
3 > what the kbase should do/feature).
4
5 I've written what I see as the requirements document for the Knowledge Base.
6 It is drafted as a GLEP because the document lists what the Knowledge Base
7 ought to do/know/support/feature/contain. When accepted, we know what to do
8 :-)
9
10 You can find it at http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/tmp/kbase-glep.html. And, as
11 promised, a few topics to clarify what I have in mind...
12
13 ** Issues
14
15 - I accidentally wiped my entire /var and didn't have a backup. Can I
16 regenerate the important files?
17
18 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/tmp/kb-fixvar.html
19
20 - New kernel does not seem to have any effect
21
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/tmp/kb-mountboot.html
23
24 - Kernel Panic: Unable to mount root fs
25
26 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/tmp/kb-rootfs.html
27
28 - Some local filesystems failed to mount
29
30 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/tmp/kb-wrongfstab.html
31
32 ** FAQs
33
34 - Is it possible to install Gentoo within Windows?
35
36 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/tmp/faq-gentooinwindows.html
37
38 - What is NPTL?