From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-kbase@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kbase] resurrected?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:35:31
1 On 2006.11.21 01:33, Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > Josh Saddler wrote:
3 > > [. . .]
4 > Forgot to mention I've now mirrored SwifT's proposed DTD and other
5 > files
6 > on my devspace:
7 >
8 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~nightmorph/misc/kbase.tar.gz
12 Josh,
13
14 I signed up to the alias/list out of curiosity. It was never clear how
15 the search engine would work, so I think the knowledge base died a
16 death.
17
18 From the forums and irc, the recurring problems (in no particular
19 order) appear to be Networking, Grub, Sound, Kernel config, and Xorg
20 setup. Networking and Grub could be covered in more detail in the
21 handbook, which would be useful when the user either can't boot or
22 can't get on the net. Possibly by the addition of a troubleshooting
23 section. The others are adequately covered by existing on line sources.
24
25 The knowledge base is on interesting project but its akin to using a
26 sledgehammer to crack a nut.
27
28 Regards,
29