From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-kbase@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kbase] A Gentoo Knowledge Base
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:05:01
1 On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 04:06:56PM +0300, R.I.P. wrote:
2 > I suggest just to add "outdated" flag, so search will filter out in
3 > the search outdated KB entries, while the user still able to include
4 > outdated results in his search results by setting some checkbox.
5 [...]
6
7 I disagree. We will have it difficult enough to maintain the knowledge base
8 on the topics that stay vivid; we are already over 100k bugreports; it would
9 be insane to develop topics on possible software issues.
10
11 Especially if the solution is "emerge --sync && emerge -uDN world". With or
12 without "revdep-rebuild".
13
14 I'd rather see the KB fill with solutions for general Linux problems (not
15 only Gentoo related).
16
17 Wkr,
18 Sven Vermeulen