From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] 3.12 Kernels : Regression in the handling of usbatm debug traces
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 03:16:25
1 On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 09:39:11AM +0100, Eric F. GARIOUD wrote:
2 > Having CONFIG_USB_ATM set and CONFIG_USB_DEBUG not set, syslogs are now overfed with
3 > kyriads of
4 >
5 > << usbatm_rx_process: xyzt callbacks suppressed >>
6 >
7 > messages per minute.
8 >
9 > - My understanding is that a commit from Greg K-H caused the trouble :
10 >
11 > quoted from https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/9/2/429 :
12 >
13 > Greg Kroah-Hartman (46):...
14 >
15 > USB: usbatm: don't rely on CONFIG_USB_DEBUG USB: usbatm: remove
16 > CONFIG_USB_DEBUG dependancy
17 >
18 > - My understanding is that Krzysztof Mazur reported that behaviour as part of
19 >
20 > https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/10/26/65
21 >
22 > Greg K-H is involved in the discussion and a patch seems to have been produced.
23 > I did not manage to find it commited in 3.12
24 >
25 > - Are there good reasons for this patch not to be commited ?
26
27 What specific patch are you referring to?
28
29 > - If not, as I understand 3.12 is longterm and maintained by Jiri Slaby, could someone forward
30 > him a request to commit Joe Perches' work ?
31
32 Why can't you?
33
34 thanks,