From: Marc Schiffbauer <mschiff@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] vanilla-kernel sources should not be marked stable for obsolete versions
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:43:38
1 Am Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013, 01:37:56 schrieb Tom Wijsman:
2 >
3 > I wonder if a news item is in place for this change, because we will
4 > be dropping all stable keywords. If I remember correctly news items
5 > have to pass the -dev ML. On the other hand, I don't really have an
6 > idea of how important this issue is to be considered; though it may be
7 > handy to err on the side of being more transparent towards our users.
10 I think this is worth a news item because stable users using vanilla-sources
11 will rely on new stable kernels to appear for them. They should be informed
12 about the fact that they now have to accept the ~ keyword in order to get
13 updated kernel versions.
14
15 -Marc
16 --
17 0x35A64134 - 8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317 3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134