From: Till <Till.Potinius@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Guide for Thinkpad T41
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:33:11

mail schrieb:

> Does anybody have any info or links on setting up Gentoo on a Thinkpad > T41? I have found allot of mixed info on it. Some outdated, some > incomplete etc... In particular, I am looking for solid info on the > following:
> Set up the hard drive and power management stuff rignt,
HDAPS, Suspend-to-disk, Suspend-to-ram, tp-fancontrol and cpufreqd works just fine. lm_sensors won't work but you can get all the important information in /proc/acpi/ibm/*
> Use the best and most up to date graphics driver
x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati (6.6.3) works well. I don't think you need an up to date graphics driver for an old laptop. There are no more changes in the support for the Radeon Mobility 7500.
> Wireless networking (hopefully a great gui to scan for access points!)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-laptop] Guide for Thinkpad T41 Mike Shaw <mdshaw89@×××××.com>