From: Alan O'Keefe <alan@××××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] ibm t42 inst
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:47:26
1 Hi Gavin
2
3 You need to emerge the package "net-wireless/madwifi-ng" to get the
4 kernel module for Atheros Wireless chipsets.
5
6 Regards
7 Alan
8
9 Gavin Seddon wrote:
10 > Hi,
11 > I assumed a graphical install would sort out wireless.
12 > Anyway, I am sticking with ther 'normal' Gentoo install. I am used to
13 > it.
14 > lspci shows
15 > 'atheros AR5212 802.11abg
16 > and lsmod shows yenta_socket and pcmcia core.
17 >
18 > I'm unsure which adapter I'll check dmesg. Anyway the docs tell of a
19 > couple of inst methods but don't say how to setup the devices initially.
20 > Howw should I proceed?
21 >
22 > Thanks.
23 > Gavin.