From: Jon Schlueter <jon.schlueter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] ibm t42 inst
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:50:14
1 and I was doing some looking around and here are a couple of pages
2 that might help you getting it working
3
4 http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_ar5212
5 http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility
6 http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=460372
7
8 Jon
11 On 8/13/06, Alan O'Keefe <alan@××××××××××××××××××××.au> wrote:
12 > Hi Gavin
13 >
14 > You need to emerge the package "net-wireless/madwifi-ng" to get the
15 > kernel module for Atheros Wireless chipsets.
16 >
17 > Regards
18 > Alan
19 >
20 > Gavin Seddon wrote:
21 > > Hi,
22 > > I assumed a graphical install would sort out wireless.
23 > > Anyway, I am sticking with ther 'normal' Gentoo install. I am used to
24 > > it.
25 > > lspci shows
26 > > 'atheros AR5212 802.11abg
27 > > and lsmod shows yenta_socket and pcmcia core.
28 > >
29 > > I'm unsure which adapter I'll check dmesg. Anyway the docs tell of a
30 > > couple of inst methods but don't say how to setup the devices initially.
31 > > Howw should I proceed?
32 > >
33 > > Thanks.
34 > > Gavin.