From: Ian K <omega_2_1@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Toshiba Satellite A70 Question
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:12:08
1 Ric de France wrote:
2
3 >Ian,
4 >
5 >On 8/6/05, Ian K <omega_2_1@×××××.ca> wrote:
8 >>Hi there,
9 >>I know there is a few of you with a Toshiba A70, and
10 >>I was wondering if you have gotten yours to reboot properly?
11 >>I have discovered that if you enable legacy USB support
12 >>in the BIOS, the touchpad will not work, but a reboot no longer
13 >>hangs your system when it would display the BIOS info. (pic).
14 >>If anyone has figured out a way around this, please let me know.
15 >>Ian
16 >>
17 >>PS> If you do have this notebook, I also ask if you have gotten
18 >>the side media buttons to function, or if you have gotten the
19 >>suspend to RAM working. Please let me know even if you haven't
20 >>so I know someone has read this. :)
24 >I don't have a Toshie A70, but a Toshie P20. I don't have the same
25 >problems you have with rebooting, but I have read that someone has
26 >recently gotten the media buttons to work correctly. Have a look at:
27 >
28 >http://opensource.idealcorp.com/toshiba-p25/
29 >
30 >And yes... someone has read this.
31 >
32 >...Ric
35 Nice! I installed the program, but only one of the media keys works, not
36 all 5.
37 I wonder if this is a simple tweak to the perl script, but I dont know
38 perl at
39 all and would really like it if someone from here could help me.
40
41 Thanks again for the link! Its a great start!!!
42 Ian

omega_2_1.vcf text/x-vcard