From: "Nils Stöckmann" <Nils.Stoeckmann@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Asus Laptop
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:22:39
1 Hi
2
3 of course I tried using the promt, same result.
4 Sorry, forgot to mention...
5 I used knoppix (installed, not live) and some SuSEs before and wanted to get
6 rid of all that forced misconfiguration and securty issues - thus wanted to
7 switch to gentoo, however I'm unable to install it^^
8
9 Here's the original info, in case someone new has an idea.
10 >I bought an ASUS A6 Series Laptop and tried to install Gentoo on it.
11 >CPU is an Intel Centrino.
12 >The GUI Installer stops after "setting the root passwort" in the install
13 >output, piping to bash doesn't give any hints as well.
14
15 Help appreciated
16 Nils Stöckmann