From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Asus Laptop
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:37:07
1 Hi Nils,
2 on Wednesday, 2006-03-22 at 15:21:49, you wrote:
3 > of course I tried using the promt, same result.
4 > Sorry, forgot to mention...
5 > [...]
6 > >I bought an ASUS A6 Series Laptop and tried to install Gentoo on it.
7 > >CPU is an Intel Centrino.
8 > >The GUI Installer stops after "setting the root passwort" in the install
9 > >output, piping to bash doesn't give any hints as well.
10
11 Huh? There must be *something* different, considering you'd be setting
12 the password yourself in this case!?
13 What do you mean by "piping to bash", and what exactly does it do when
14 the installer stops? Complete lockup, crashing installer (so you get
15 thrown out to a shell), hanging installer (but you can steill switch
16 consoles), something else? If it's anything but the former, try running
17 dmesg on another console when the installer fails, and see if there are
18 any hints.
19
20 cheers!
21 Matthias
22 --
23 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
24 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665