From: Praveen C <cpraveen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo + T40?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 03:31:25
> I'm still hitting 70-71 degrees when compiling, which is still a concern > - but to aid my paranoia, I've written a couple of scripts that enable > me to cut down the CPU speed to 1/3 or 2/3 of full power, which keeps me > at a more comfortable 45-50 or 55-60 degrees whilst compiling.
This is supposed to be normal but I too am uncomfortable with that. Laptops are designed to operate at higher temperatures. My previous thinkpad R40e would run at around 72C at full load. My new iBook G4 (1.2 GHz) runs at 58-60C at full load but that is because it has a very powerful fan. I have found that hard-disk heating is more of a problem since it causes lot of discomfort to your palm while working. -- -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo + T40? Jon Schlueter <jon.schlueter@×××××.com>