From: Mike Owen <kyphros@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Dell Latitude C640
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:31:42
1 On 5/22/06, Longman, Bill <longman@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > > I was just wondering,g anyone managed to install gentoo on a DELL
3 > > Latitude C640 and got everything working?
4 > >
5 > > I know for a fact there are several guide's online for it from people
6 > > that apparently succeeded, its just I'm still having difficulties in
7 > > getting Resume/standby to work. Also got issues with Ir DA
8 > > and modem to
9 > > go their thing as well.
10 >
11 > I don't know if this helps, but I have it running on a Precision M70 and
12 > there are DEFINITE problems with the resume/standby. Even the latest
13 > Suspend2 kernels don't work properly on it.
14
15 Odd that you're having problems with a M70. I'm working on one now,
16 and it's running very well. Far better than my M50 ever could've hoped
17 to run. I'm running suspend2-sources-2.6.16-r6,
18 suspend2-userui-0.6.3-r1 and acpid-1.0.4-r3 in case that helps.
19
20 Can you go into a little detail on what isn't working?
21
22 Mike
25 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list