From: Mike Benson <mike@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] wireless and service dependencies
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:52:32
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Will Briggs wrote:
> david wrote: > > Will Briggs wrote: > >> G'day all, > >> > >> I'm having this problem. During startup both sshd and ntpd are not > >> started with a warning: "scheduled to start when net.eth0 is started"
I get the same behaviour.
Life for the modern laptop at home :-) Same here.
I have the same question!
It makes no difference (assuming you were in /etc/init.d in the first place).
> > > # rc-update add net.eth1 default > > No - but deliberately. I think this may be where I, or the system is > confused. Because unlike a desktop it's not just a matter of bringing > up the /etc/init.d/net.* scripts. I don't want DHCP timeouts etc. when > booting off-line.
Not only that, but there's some automagic code in the rc scripts that will try to bring the interfaces up without linking it to a soft runlevel. So actually, you're better off not doing it.
> > net.eth0 is brought up by netplug
Actually the message is that net.eth0 is invoking netplug to wait for eth0 in the background. I could never work out why that doesn't work with net.eth1.