From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-licenses@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-licenses] What are our criteria for mirror restriction?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 21:25:08
1 What are our exact criteria for a distfile to be mirror restricted?
2 Apart from redistribution being allowed, I've used the following
3 criteria from the BINARY-REDISTRIBUTABLE license group as guidelines:
4
5 - MUST NOT require explicit approval (No items from @EULA)
6 - MUST NOT restrict the cost of redistribution
7
8 The second one was recently criticised in #gentoo-proxy-maint, with
9 respect to games-action/mutantstorm-demo. Its license says:
10
11 "You are specifically prohibited from charging, or requesting
12 donations, for any such copies, however made; and from distributing
13 the software and/or documentation with other products (commercial
14 or therwise) without prior written permission."
15
16 Do we need mirror restriction for that one?
17
18 Ulrich